The Connecticut Department of Correction, which is in charge of overseeing the operations of all correctional facilities under its purview, is responsible for managing all jails and prisons in the state.
Connecticut has one federal prison, 18 state prisons, and no county jails or detention facilities. Corrections staff routinely disseminates facility and inmate-related information, and all institutions maintained by the government are run in accordance with the national model.
In Connecticut, inmate records are the records of those who commit a crime and are sentenced to time in jail or prison. These records include paperwork, forms, mugshot photographs, fingerprints, and other details on the prisoner.
Inmates' records often include basic information like name, address, phone number, and birth date, as well as more specific data like gender, weight, height, hair color, eye color, and any distinguishing scars, tattoos, or marks.
The documents could be in written form or electronic formats including computer files, videotapes, and audio recordings. Here we will review the various methods with which you can perform a Connecticut inmate search.
What information appears in a Connecticut inmate search?
As mentioned, Connecticut inmate records provide data about persons who are currently incarcerated in the state's correction system. Such records also provide data about people in the state who are on parole or probation. When performing a Connecticut inmate search, you will be able to view the following details about a person of interest:
• Full name
• Birth date
• A physical description
• Reason for incarceration
The data allows you to discover if a person in a Connecticut inmate search report is indeed the person that you are searching for. If so, you will be able to check the current status of said person or get in touch with him/her in the facility in which they are held.
Connecticut Department of Correction Inmate Search
Performing a Connecticut inmate search via email and phone can be done by following these steps:
1. Email: To perform a Connecticut inmate search via email, you can send an inquiry to the Connecticut Department of Correction's Public Information Office at [email protected]. In your email, include as much information as possible about the inmate, such as their full name, date of birth, and any other identifying information you may have. The Public Information Office will respond to your email with any available information about the inmate.
2. Phone: To perform a Connecticut inmate search via phone, you can call the Connecticut Department of Correction's Inmate Information Line at (860) 692-7780. This phone line is available 24 hours a day and allows you to obtain information about current Connecticut inmates by providing the inmate's name or their offender number. The information available over the phone may be limited, so it is important to provide as much information as possible to the operator to help them locate the correct inmate.
Know that the information available through an email or phone Connecticut inmate search may be limited, and it may take some time to receive a response. For more detailed and up-to-date information, it is recommended to perform an online or in-person inmate search.
Inmate search Connecticut: online queries
Performing an online Connecticut inmate search can be done by following these steps:
1. Go to the Connecticut Department of Correction website at https://portal.ct.gov/DOC.
2. Click on the "Offender Information Search" link. This will take you to the Offender Information Search page.
3. On the Offender Information Search page, you can choose to search for inmates by either name or offender number.
4. If you choose to search by name, enter the inmate's first and last name in the appropriate fields. If you choose to search by offender number, enter the inmate's offender number in the appropriate field.
5. Click on the "Search" button to initiate the search.
6. The search results will display a list of inmates that match your search criteria.
7. Click on the name of the inmate you are interested in to view additional information about them, such as their inmate number, location, and projected release date.
Please note that the specific information available in an online Connecticut inmate search may vary depending on the source of the search, as well as the specific policies and regulations of the Connecticut Department of Correction.